Hello, so it’s been a while since I made something in my kitchen worth sharing, but today I made sushi. Now I love sushi but it’s not readily available here in Limerick unless I make a reservation at the only sushi bar in town (that I know of) and pay a fortune for it.
Alternatively I can pick up the the refrigerated kind from the local store but who wants to do that? Of course every now and then you need to go out for some fine dining but most of the time we eat at home. So why not bring the fine dining to our dining rooms (OMG so cheesy).
- Bamboo rolling mat
- Sushi nori (sea weed)
- Sushi rice
- Sushi su vinegar
- Soy sauce
- Wasabi paste
You can buy these separately but I just got a sushi meal kit from Tesco that included all the above.
- Smoked salmon slices
- Salt & Pepper
- Boil rice for 15 to 20 mins and make sure to drain well
- Stir in sushi su vinegar and leave rice to cool
- Place bamboo mat on the work surface. Place a sheet of nori on top.
- Place the rice on the centre of the nori and spread it leaving about 1 to 1.5 cm on the far side of the sheet
- Lay the salmon,cucumber and avocado in the middle of the rice and season with salt and pepper
- Pick up the mat from the side and roll
- Seal the uncovered edge with a little water
- You can now slice the roll.
- Enjoy with either soy sauce or wasabi (or both)